In addition to our many programs and fundraising events, the DIS PTA works to SUPPORT and ENRICH the experience at DIS. These efforts are a essential component PTA agenda in order to benefit our wonderful teaching and administration staff, along with providing some amazing educational experiences of our children.
Below is a highlight of some of the key areas membership supports:
- DIS Staffing Support – In an effort to ENRICH the educational program, the PTA provides staffing support for DIS, including K-2 reading interventionist and middle school Spanish
- Staff Appreciation – Over the course of the school year, the DIS staff receive various PTA and local business sponsored treats. During Staff Appreciation Week, there are special events and treats organized by the PTA.
- Monthly Staff Breakfasts – Every month, the PTA organizes grade-level staff breakfasts. The food is provided by families from each grade.
- Recycling Program – The PTA pays for the recycling pick-up services at DIS.
- Adopt a Class Program – To assist with managing the business family donations to the individual classrooms, the Adopt a Class program
- Teacher Grants – Through PTA funding and the DICF, the PTA administers teacher grants to enrich the classroom and student educational experience. In the past, these grants have focused in innovation and STEAM efforts in alignment with district and school foci.