DIS School Supplies Sale – Deadline June 18
Celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week 2020
Click for Details DIS Teacher Appreciation 2020
VOTE NOW: 2020-21 PTA Budget
All members are asked to vote here:
Send any questions to email@example.com.
Welcome Your 2020-2021 PTA Executive Board
Thank you for your vote of approval! If you would like to get involved in a position (big or small) in your 2020-21 PTA, please email us for more info! firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Erin Gaine, President
- Melissa Bosse, VP Programs
- Emma Martin & Erica Hamilton, Co-Secretaries
- Mary Beth Elbe, Treasurer
- Stephanie Yeagle, VP Membership
- Halina Miller, VP School Enrichment
- Courtenay Fisher, VP Wellness
- Ashly Grzyb, Business Partnerships
- Kate Altum, Membership Coordinator
- Keri McCready, Volunteer Coordinator
- Melynda Toth & Courtney Oberley, New Families Coordinators
- Halina Miller, Lauren Seben, Samantha LeBlanc, K-5 Programs
- Kelley Del Valle, Beth Lawson, Clary Vance, Middle School Programs
- Julie Hubert, Brianna Roberts, Melynda Toth, Spirit Committee
- Angela Falotok, Beth Lawson, Kelly Del Valle, Teacher Breakfast Committee
- Kara Delpino, Mary Beth Collier, Whitney Hines, Teacher Appreciation Committee
- Kristen Abbate & Halina Miller, Building and Grounds Committee
- Becky Maher, Duty Free Lunch
- Tammy Groher, School Supply Boxes
- Cynthia Rosenthal, Boxtops
- Andrea Jones, Wellness Coordinator
PTA Community Outreach
The DIS PTA Exec Board voted to support our neighbors at Philip Simmons Elementary by donating $1800 to their Food Pantry and Backpack Buddies Program which provides snacks to 70 PSE families in need each weekend during this time of e-learning.
Cancelled – Let’s Flamingle! Parent Spring Mixer
Tuesday, March 31st at 7pm-9pm
Postponed to Fall 2020 – Celebrate Calm podcast & speaker at Winter PTA Meeting – Wednesday, March 25th at 6pm
Acclaimed speaker Kirk Martin from Celebrate Calm podcast will share tips on communicating with your child without losing your mind. Also we will vote on PTA Officers for next academic year 2020-21. All PTA members invited to attend. CLICK ABOVE TO LISTEN TO A SAMPLE PODCAST.
Still accepting volunteers for PTA officer positions for 2020-21
All PTA Members are invited to learn about how you can volunteer for your school as a PTA officer – big or small – for next school year. For more info, email to email@example.com
Application for PTA Exec Board – submit your interest on this google form to volunteer as an officer or director next year.
PTA Job Descriptions – read about all the different jobs we do in the PTA!
Mid-Year PTA Newsletter – Osprey Report
Mid Year Newsletter 2020 – Read it here in PDF – a copy was sent home to K-5th grade folders in January.
Fall PTA Meeting
Fall PTA Meeting – October 24 at 7:45am after drop off in cafeteria to vote for new budget items. All PTA members can vote. If we do not have a minimum attendance, the budget vote will not pass.
Spirit shirts, hats, and towels are all available for purchase from PTA Store online.
Size are available first come first serve.
Welcome to the Daniel Island School PTA!
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a non-profit organization with the mission of supporting Daniel Island School’s students, teachers and community.
The PTA provides funding for school resources and academic enrichment programs for our students (not funded by Berkeley County School District). This funding is not possible without the donations from parents during our PTA membership drive, as well as business sponsors.
Additionally, the PTA organizes parent volunteers to support our teachers and administrators, community events to bring together our students and families, and serves as an open line of communication between teachers, administration and parents.
PTA Welcome Letter & 2019 Initiatives
Welcome Letter & 2019 PTA Initiatives – sent home with your student at B2SN or the first week of school.
PTA Budget 2019-2020
Download the 2019-2020 PTA Budget – Approved May 22, 2019
What does the PTA do? Where does my money go?
FUNDING: PTA funds school enrichment and teacher appreciation.
- 2nd Grade Chrome Books and Cart
- Action Based Learning Grants
- After School Clubs – Teacher Appreciation
- Community Outreach Grants
- In-School Recycling Program
- New Playground Equipment
- PTA Member T-Shirts and Reusable Tote Bags
- Reading Interventionist for K/1st
- Teacher Appreciation Week Efforts
- Monthly Teacher Breakfasts
- Teacher and Staff Holiday Lunch
- Wellness Efforts and Education
- WOW Us with Wellness Challenge
PROGRAMMING: PTA programs community events and school spirit.
- Back to School Night
- Welcome Parents Coffee
- Family BINGO Night
- Light Up the Park – Luminary Event
- Wacky Science for Middle School
- Middle School Glow Zone Night at SkyZone
- Parent Education at PTA General Meetings
- Family Sweetheart Social
- Parents Spring Mixer
- Middle School Dance
- Osprey mascot appearances
- DIS Night at the Battery and chorus performances
- DIS Spirit wear sales
- DIS Member T-shirts and reusable tote bags
- DIS water bottles distributed at B2SN
- Spirit First Friday prizes
COMMUNICATION: PTA fosters communication between the school and parents.
- PTA Executive Board of volunteers represents the parents
- Class Parents (Room Moms) support teachers and help with communication
- Quarterly PTA General Meetings provide learning opportunities for parents
- PTA Member Emails share information, announcements, reminders
- PTA Facebook Page shares information, announcements, reminders
- Flyers in Wednesday Folders share information, announcements, reminders
BACK TO SCHOOL – SAVE THE DATES 2019-2020
Meet the Principal – July 31, 2019 – Grades K-2 at 9am, Grades 3-5 at 10am, and Grades 6-8pm at 1pm – Meet new Principal Ms. Nancy Leigh. Multipurpose Room.
New Parent Orientation hosted by DIS administration – Aug 8, 2019 – 6pm, Multipurpose Room – Q&A for new parents. Enter back of building.
PTA Membership Opens – Aug 12, 2019 – JOIN EARLY to receive your spirit shirt! Sign up online at home to avoid lines at B2SN.
Classroom Assignments Sent via Email – Aug, 14, 2019 – no packet pick up this year.
Back to School Night – Aug 15, 2019, 6-7:30pm – all students and families meet your teacher and visit classroom. Visit Multipurpose to sign up for PTA and pick up your DIS spirit shirt.
Kindergarten Meet-Up – Aug 17, 2019, 9:30-11am, Center Park – playdate for all new K students – Kindergarten Meet-Up Flyer
First Day of School – Aug 19, 2019, 7:45am-2:45pm
Parents Coffee – Aug 19, 2019, 7:45am-8:45am, Cafeteria – boohoo or woohoo the first day of school with other parents. Enter the back of building.
Parent Nights hosted by DIS administration – 6:30pm, Classrooms – parents only curriculum presentation from your student’s teacher.
Kindergarten Parent Night – Aug 20, 2019, 6:30pm
1st Grade Parent Curriculum Night – Aug 21, 2019, 6:30pm
2nd Grade Parent Curriculum Night – Aug 22, 2019, 6:30pm
Middle School Parent Curriculum Night – Aug 26, 2019, 6:30pm
3rd Grade Parent Curriculum Night – Aug 27, 2019, 6:30pm
4th Grade Parent Curriculum Night – Aug 28, 2019, 6:30pm
5th Grade Parent Curriculum Night – Aug 29, 2019, 6:30pm
Labor Day (No School) – Sep 2, 2019
Spirit Friday – Sep 6, 2019 – Wear your new PTA member shirt or any school spirit wear.
School Supplies List 2019-2020
Download the School Supply List – Note, if you ordered your school supplies from the PTA in June 2019, the supplies will be delivered to your student’s classroom. Thanks!
Keeping Up with the PTA…
We value your feedback. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, concerns or suggestions!