Welcome to the Daniel Island School PTA!
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a non-profit organization with the mission of supporting Daniel Island School’s students, teachers and community.
The PTA provides funding for school resources and academic enrichment programs for our students (not funded by Berkeley County School District). This funding is not possible without the donations from parents through PTA membership giving and fundraisers, as well as business sponsors.
Additionally, the PTA organizes parent volunteers to support our teachers and administrators, community events to bring together our students and families, and serves as an open line of communication between teachers, administration and parents.
Let’s work together to make our school the best experience possible for our students!
Goals for 2019-2020 School Year
Support, Enrich, Connect
- Membership – We want 100% of our school families in the PTA. Your voice matters!
- Increased Communication – Look out for emails, Facebook posts, and more
- Teamwork – We want your involvement! Join committees and volunteer. There are lots of ways to get involved.
Download the 2019-2020 PTA Budget – Approved May 22, 2019
What does the PTA do? Where does my money go?
PTA funds school enrichment and teacher appreciation
- 2nd Grade Chrome Books and Cart
- Action Based Learning Grants
- After School Clubs – Teacher Appreciation
- Community Outreach Grants
- In-School Recycling Program
- New Playground Equipment
- PTA Member T-Shirts and Reusable Tote Bags
- Reading Interventionist for K/1st
- Teacher Appreciation Week Efforts
- Monthly Teacher Breakfasts
- Teacher and Staff Holiday Lunch
- Wellness Efforts and Education
- WOW Us with Wellness Challenge
PTA plans community events and school spirit
- Back to School Night
- Welcome Parents Coffee
- Family BINGO Night
- Light Up the Park – Luminary Event
- Wacky Science for Middle School
- Middle School Glow Zone Night at SkyZone
- Parent Education at PTA General Meetings
- Family Sweetheart Social
- Parents Spring Mixer
- Middle School Dance
- Osprey mascot appearances
- DIS Night at the Battery and chorus performances
- DIS Spirit wear sales
- DIS Member T-shirts and reusable tote bags
- DIS water bottles distributed at B2SN
- Spirit First Friday prizes
PTA fosters communication between the school and parents
- PTA Executive Board of volunteers represents the parents
- Class Parents (Room Moms) support teachers and help with communication
- Quarterly PTA General Meetings provide learning opportunities for parents
- PTA Member Emails share information, announcements, reminders
- PTA Facebook Page shares information, announcements, reminders
- Flyers in Wednesday Folders share information, announcements, reminders
Keeping Up with the PTA…
We value your feedback. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, concerns or suggestions!