Welcome to the Daniel Island School PTA!
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a non-profit organization with the mission of supporting Daniel Island School’s students, teachers and community.
The PTA provides funding for school resources and academic enrichment programs for our students (not funded by Berkeley County School District). This funding is not possible without the donations from parents through PTA membership giving and fundraisers, as well as business sponsors.
Additionally, the PTA organizes parent volunteers to support our teachers and administrators, community events to bring together our students and families, and serves as an open line of communication between teachers, administration and parents.
Let’s work together to make our school the best experience possible for our students!
Keeping Up with the PTA…
DIS PTA Budget
Goals for 2018-2019 School Year
- 100% Membership Goal – We want all our school families in the PTA. Your voice matters!
- Increased Communication – Look out for emails, Facebook posts, and more
- Teamwork – We want your involvement! Look for committees, volunteer sign-ups and lots of ways to get involved.
Your Money at Work…
Your donation to the PTA supports Daniel Island School by providing funding for various school enrichment initiatives:
- 2nd Grade Chrome Books and Cart
- Action Based Learning Grants
- After School Club Grants
- Community Outreach Grants
- In-School Recycling Program
- Innovation Teacher Grants (Additional funding for teachers)
- New Playground Equipment
- Parent Support Grants
- PTA Member T-Shirts and Reusable Bags
- Reading Interventionist for K/1st
- Teacher Appreciation Week Efforts
- Teacher and Staff Holiday Lunch
- School Supply Boxes
- Spirit First Fridays
- Spirit Wear Sales
- Wellness Efforts and Education
- WOW Us with Wellness Challenge
Additionally, your donation to the PTA budget funds community events that bring together students, educators, and parents:
- Back to School Night
- Welcome New Parents Coffee
- Family BINGO Night
- Light Up the Park
- Wacky Science for Middle School
- Middle School Glow Zone Night at SkyZone
- Family Sweetheart Social
- Parents Spring Mixer
- 8th Grade Class Party
- Middle School Dance
The PTA also facilitates communication between teachers, administration, and parents using:
- PTA Executive Board
- Class Parents (Room Moms)
- PTA General Meetings
- PTA Emails
- PTA Facebook Page
- Flyers in Wednesday Folders
- Online Directory
We value your feedback. Please email email@example.com with questions, concerns or suggestions!